Saturday, March 21, 2009

Relief Society Birthday



Last Thursday was the annual Relief Society Birthday party celebration for our ward. I was asked to be on the decorating committee. Let me rephrase that. I was asked to be head of the decorating committee.

I think it took me about 2 seconds to ask for mom to be on the committee with me. I told mom that all she had to do was think of some ideas and I would bring them into fruition. She is definitely creative..... more than myself anyway. She came up with some great suggestions that turned out wonderful.

We made purse shaped sugar cookies that we put into a little gift bag decorated like a purse. We also put inside a penny and a smarties candy roll. I got a pic of the bags, but not the cookies. Then for a centerpiece, we found some purse-shaped gift bags at the dollar store and filled them with tissue paper. They looked really cute too. Another lady in our ward is an antiques dealer and has a large collection of old purses that she agreed to display. It was great too.

Dad was a great help and made some purse holders that everyone just loved. They were a big hit!

Over all, I think it was a great success, and if I get called to help out again, I hope that mom will be easy to get a hold of in the Phillipines or Ginger will be getting a call from me!

4 comments:

  1. Can't believe I didn't take a pic of the cookies while we (you) were doing them. Pretty typical for me I'm afraid. They really were cute and the room looked so colorful. Everyone seems to love the purse holders. Dad is a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure why it pulled up Xack, it was really me! (Your mama)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous! I was hoping for a picture of the cookies too. I'm definitely here whenever you need me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job Amber. Deligating jobs is important as doing it yourself. Loved the cookies!!

    ReplyDelete